The mission of the Fort Madison Community School District is to ensure all students learn the academic and life skills necessary for personal success and responsible living.
We see the Fort Madison Community School District as a place where:
- every student receives a strong academic foundation and experiences social success
- every student graduates and is well prepared and confident with an education that enables them to pursue whatever role in life they wish
- highly motivated, knowledgeable and caring staff members strive to attain the highest educational achievement for each student
- district-wide leadership supports students and faculty with continuous, system-wide improvements of learning and teaching practices guided by research-based professional development
- parents, citizens and the business community provide generous support to benefit every student in the entire district
- an integrated learning system provides a district-wide focus to align curriculum and quality learning environments with community and business/industry interests to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- district staff and community members communicate in meaningful ways to pursue the district’s mission of success for all students.