Weekend Meals for Kids Continues to Serve FMCSD
Through the help of the Salvation Army of Keokuk, Fort Madison and Keokuk Schools are participating in a program called “Weekend Meals for Kids” for the 2019/2020 school year. The purpose of this program is to provide K-5 students food on weekends when school breakfast and lunch is not offered. Each meal is easy-to-prepare and serves one student, please fill out a form for each child K-5 you wish to sign up!
SPECIAL NOTES: Peanuts and other products containing food allergens may be included. Please consider this before registering for the program. Food is not able to be sent home throughout the breaks of the school year, but your child will receive their food as scheduled on the Friday before break!
If interested, please fill out the following form: Weekend for Kids Form
How does it work?
1. With no fee, no income guidelines, and no deadline – anyone can participate in the program. The only thing the Salvation Army hopes for in return is that families provide feedback on the program by filling out annual surveys sent home with each child.
2. All information is confidential.
3. The program operates during the 2019/2020 school year. Every Friday, your child will receive a sack filled with kid-friendly foods.
4. Parents will need to give permission for each of their children to receive the “Weekend Food for Kids” – one form per child as the program is confidential and does not go by a family basis.
5. Sign up using the above linked form, or see your child’s school secretary!
To receive food for December, please sign up by November 20th, 2019!