Good afternoon FMHS graduates and families. The Fort Madison Community School District administration has decided to move forward with a live graduation on Saturday, June 27 at 9:00AM. The ceremony will be held traditionally in the Fort Madison High School gymnasium to ensure appropriate social distancing, and to meet CDC recommendations. Below are the logistics and guidelines for the ceremony:
- The Fort Madison Community School District administration highly recommends the wearing of masks for all attending graduates and their guests.
- Each graduating senior will be allowed four guests. No tickets will be printed or provided for the ceremony this year.
- There will be no transference of guest availability this year. If a graduating senior has fewer than four guests, those seats will remain unfilled.
- The main entrance on the north side of the building will open at 7:30 AM. The main entrance will be the only doors open for guests to enter this year.
- Graduating seniors and their four guests must enter the building together this year. If parties are missing guests, please plan to wait outside of the main entrance until all have arrived to enter the building. Once a graduating senior and their guests have entered, no additional guests will be allowed admittance.
- The main entrance will be closed at 8:45 AM. No guest will be allowed admittance after 8:45 AM.
- Graduating seniors will be seated on the gym floor during the ceremony.
- Guests of graduates will be seated in the bleachers. The bleachers will be sectioned off and appropriately marked to allow for CDC recommendations regarding social distancing.
- Guests of graduating seniors must enter and sit together in the bleachers during the ceremony. Ushers will be present to assist in seating guests.
- Graduates and their guests are asked to exit the FMHS building as quickly as possible after the graduation ceremony is complete. Graduates and their guests are welcome to utilize the FMHS property for pictures afterwards.
If you have questions or concerns, please email Mr. Smith, Mr. Lamb, or Mr Swink. We are looking forward to the release of the virtual graduation, and celebrating with you on June 27.