Table of Contents
Welcome to Fort Madison Community School District.
You will need to complete the registration process for all new students.
At the end of the registration process are several forms you may find helpful, including a free and reduced lunch form and a transportation request form.
You will also need to have the following documents available:
Proof of Residency (must list current physical address)
Current Immunization Record
These documents will need to be turned in to the school office or you may upload them during the registration process.
Click on the following links to start the registration process:
You will be asked to create an account before beginning the registration process.
How do I get started?
Visit the Registration Portal.
Please create a new account if this is your first time visiting the registration portal.
- Click the Create Account button
- Fill out Profile and Security information, then click Create Account button at the bottom of the page
- The New Student Registration 2020-2021 page will appear
- Agree to the terms and conditions (if applicable)
- Fill out the information for the student you are wanting to register.
- Click Add Student
- A new page will appear
- Be sure to fill out all information, clicking Next at the bottom each time when finished with a section.
- We invite you to upload the student birth certificate, current immunization record, and a verification of residence in the Document Upload section. If you are unable to upload documents you will need to schedule an appointment with a building secretary.
- Be sure to sign.
- Review the summary correcting any errors or missing fields that might exist.
- Click Submit on the last page.
- A new page will appear
- Review any applicable supplemental forms.
- You may visit the payment portal at this time or wait for an invoice at a later date.
- If your student will require transportation please visit the link on the page under item 5.
- You may then proceed to register another student if applicable.
If you have questions please contact your student’s school or Central Office at 319.372.7252.
A reminder that if you were unable to upload documents, you will need to bring the following documentation to Central Office located at 1930 Ave M, Fort Madison, IA 52627:
- birth certificate
- immunization records
- proof of residency, such as a utility bill, lease agreement, insurance bill, bank statement
- custody papers if applicable
- IEP and ETR if applicable
We MUST have these forms before the registration process can be completed.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
No, but some questions are marked “Required” and must be answered before you can submit your form.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change prior to submitting the form, you can either navigate back to the page using the “Prev” and “Next” buttons or if you are on the Review page select the underlined field. If you have already submitted the form you will need to contact your student’s school so they can make the changes for you.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
Once you have finished entering your information select “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot select this button you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes you will need to provide information that is specific to each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another. This will allow you to “snap” (or share) selected family information, which saves you time.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get password assistance. Please be sure to include as much information as possible (your name, your student’s name, grade, building).
Lastly, you can call our buildings or Central Office and speak to someone directly.