Mr. Dirth and Ms. Schelich share a message for our middle school families. Click the link below to read the message. The principals also wanted to share a few tips that will help with virtual learning.
A few helpful tips for families:
- Parents-please connect to SeeSaw Family (4-6) or Canvas Parent (7-8)
- Set aside space for students to work away from the busiest areas of your home.
- Reach out to your child’s teacher if you have any questions
- It is ok to email once a week to check in on work that is outstanding.
- If your child is struggling with their mental health during this time please reach out to:
- Use the student’s planner and record daily times of google meets and google meet codes for your children to attend.
- Talk with your children about the technology the school assigns and the email, chatting, and online activity is monitored by the school district. It is for educational purposes.
- Attendance is required by the Iowa Department of Education.
- Grades 4-5: Log in daily and turn in assignments in ELA & Math
- Grade 6: Log in daily and turn in assignments in ELA, Math & Sci/SS
- Grades 7-8: Log in daily and turn in assignments in ELA, Math, Science & Social Studies
- Please email your child’s teachers if they are not able to be in attendance for the school day.
Students in Ms. Benner’s and Ms. Cooper’s class learn about the Ring of Fire. The classes look at the Pacific Ocean and identify wherever there have been volcanoes. Ms. Diewold takes fourth graders to the PAWS animal shelter to deliver blankets the class made. The blankets were made after Ms. Diewold received a grant to get the material for the donation! Mueller’s class reviews different methods of division. To read more about what is going on in the classrooms, click down below!