The ABC's of the Fort Madison Community School District
A – Academics
- FMHS has a higher proficiency rating on Iowa Assessments than the State of Iowa average.
- FMMS test scores in MAP increased performance in reading from last year to this year in grades 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th grades. Sixth grade showed the most improvement in the percent proficient in reading through Iowa Assessments.
- Lincoln Elementary and Richardson Elementary received the highest overall report card ranking of Commendable based on Iowa Assessments.
- The average ACT score increased from 20.4 to 23.09.
- All students in the FMCSD will learn though a rigorous curriculum with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills in order to solve complex problems.
- All students in the FMCSD will be prepared with the necessary life and social skills for success after graduation.
C – Collaboration
- The FMCSD has increased collaboration among the community and families of Fort Madison over the last two years through community meetings, parent/teacher conferences, open houses, increasing community service hours and our training commitment to Professional Learning Communities.