Mission, Values, and Goals
The mission of the Fort Madison Community School District is to ensure all students learn the academic and life skills necessary for personal success and responsible living.
We believe that:
- Everyone can learn;
- Education is the responsibility of family, students, community, and school;
- Learning is best achieved in a safe and nurturing environment;
- All people will be treated with respect;
- A commitment to community is essential;
- Effort is necessary for growth;
- Learning is a lifelong process.
We see the Fort Madison Community School District as a place where:
- Every student receives a strong academic foundation and experiences social success
- Every student graduates and is well prepared and confident with an education that enables them to pursue whatever role in life they wish
- Highly motivated, knowledgeable and caring staff members strive to attain the highest educational achievement for each student
- District-wide leadership supports students and faculty with continuous, system-wide improvements of learning and teaching practices guided by research-based professional development
- Parents, citizens and the business community provide generous support to benefit every student in the entire district
- An integrated learning system provides a district-wide focus to align curriculum and quality learning environments with community and business/industry interests to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- District staff and community members communicate in meaningful ways to pursue the district’s mission of success for all students.
All students in FMCSD will learn through a rigorous curriculum with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills in order to solve complex problems.
All students in FMCSD will be prepared with the necessary life and social skills for success after graduation.