Registration for Returning Students
Welcome - Please Complete ALL 5 Steps Below
Online enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is now available! You will continue to use the PowerSchool Parent Portal to access the Registration.
How do I get started?
Visit https://fmcsd.powerschool.com/guardian and sign in with your parent portal account. If you have forgotten your password/credentials; please see section below. Once in the Parent Portal:
- Select the student you wish to register along the top
- Scroll down and elect the Registration Icon on the left side for 2023-2024
- Agree to the terms and conditions (if applicable)
- Enter the student’s date of birth (DOB). This is an extra step of security added this year.
- Select Begin Forms
- Be sure to fill out all information, clicking Next at the bottom each time when finished with a section.
- We invite you to upload the current immunization record and any other documentation that may be relevant in the Document Upload section. If you are unable to upload documents you may need to schedule an appointment with a building secretary for a later time.
- Be sure to sign.
- Review the summary correcting any errors or missing fields that might exist.
- Click Submit on the last page.
- A new page will appear
Finalizing Registration Process
- Review any applicable supplemental forms.
- You may visit the payment portal at this time or wait for an invoice at a later date.
- If your student will require transportation please visit the link on the page under item 5.
- You may then proceed to register another student if applicable.
If you have questions please contact your student’s school or Central Office at 319.372.7252
I can’t remember my login for the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
No, but some questions are marked “Required” and must be answered before you can submit your form.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change prior to submitting the form, you can either navigate back to the page using the “Prev” and “Next” buttons or if you are on the Review page select the underlined field. If you have already submitted the form you will need to contact your student’s school so they can make the changes for you.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
Once you have finished entering your information, select “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot select this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, you will need to provide information that is specific to each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another. This will allow you to “snap” (or share) selected family information, which saves you time.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.
You may also email us at email@example.com to get password assistance. Please be sure to include as much information as possible (your name, your student’s name, grade, building).
Lastly, you can call our buildings or Central Office and speak to someone directly.