- Fort Madison Community School District
How do I log into PowerSchool? How can I find my account information?
If you do not have a PowerSchool account and are the parent/guardian of one or more students at FMCSD please contact your student’s school for access information and instructions. If you already have an account and need to reset your password please read below.
Each school will verify your identity before giving you an account to help protect student data and privacy. From there, you can log in to your school or district’s respective portal.
You will need to get the following information from your school or district:
- Link to Parent or Student Portal
- Access ID for the student(s)
To log in for the first time:
- Access the Parent or Student Portal.
- Create an Account. Once in the Parent or Student Portal, you will need to create an account. Be sure to store your username and password in a secure manner.
Please note: If you have previously created an account you do not need to repeat that process. You can simply login.
- Add your students. Use the Access ID for each of your students to link them to your account.
Once you have created an account:
- Visit the Parent or Student Portal at https://fmcsd.powerschool.com
- Enter your username and password
Note: Registration must be done via the school/district web portal.
How can I find my District Code
The District Code can be found by signing in to your school’s web portal. When you sign in, the District Code should be visible in the black box located in the lower left-hand corner. You can also use the app to determine the District Code.
To use app to determine the District Code:
- Tap Where is my district code? just below the District Code entry boxes
- Tap Search for Your District at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your school’s URL into the third box
- Tap Submit
How do I reset my password
Students should contact their school to reset their password. Parents can reset their password through the website. If you encounter any difficulties with the following instructions, please reach out to us for further assistance.
To reset passwords from your school’s web portal:
- Click the link Forgot Username or Password
- Enter the username and email address for your account, then click Enter
- You should receive the email as an email from your school. If you aren’t seeing the email, check your Junk or Spam folder
- Click on the password reset link in the email you receive.
- Enter a new password
- Log in to the website to verify the password has been successfully reset and is working
- Log in to the app
How do I create a Parent Portal Account?
1. Go to https://fmcsd.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the button labeled “Create Account.”
3. Enter the parent/guardian account information.
4. Create a password of your choosing.
5. You must have an Access ID and Access Password for each student you’d like to add to your account
Please contact your child’s school if you don’t know your Access ID and Access Password.
Note that relationship refers to your relationship to the student.
6. Take note of the User Name and Password that you have just created, because you will need them to log in to the PowerSchool portal once you click on “Enter”.
Please visit https://www.powerschool.com/parent-student-resource-center/ for up-to-date instructions and guides regarding the Parent Portal